Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I feel content in knowing that homeschooling was the right path for us. Of course it's not without it's challenges but I'm enjoying the process and watching my little one's excitement for learning.

After today's reading lessons we took a break for lunch. My original plan for science was talking about the planets and some constellations after yesterday's planetarium trip but while we were eating we watched an episode of Dinosaur Train which prompted Mary to ask the question "What is a mammal?". So we researched mammals and mad a chart of mammal characteristics. We spent quite a bit of time discussing different animals and if the were or weren't mammals. So, again, I love the flexibility its giving us. I love that we can follow her interests  while we learn and play and I c an't wait to see where this path leads us!

No comments:

Post a Comment